Monday, November 12, 2012

A Second Day in the Life of my Sleevie!

Today is another day that I decided to post about today's diet. There's a reason I decided to do another one so soon. I will get into the reason for yesterday's detox. I think I need to do another day or 2 of detox.

So I woke up this morning feeling pretty awesome. Energetic and ready for the day. Monday's are my Sunday since I am off Sunday's and Monday's. I don't usually eat breakfast and yes, I know this is technically bad. I never was a breakfast type of person. So it was probably about 12 or 12:30 when I decided to have lunch. I had an Atkin's Cafe Caramel shake:


And then I had about 3-5 balls of the mozzarella cheese from this delicious salad (didn't like the cherry tomatoes):



And that was it until dinner. I decided to have some chicken but since it was already about 5:30-6:00 PM I knew I wouldn't have time to thaw out some chicken breast so I opted for the next best thing:

They are microwavable in their little pouches so I just cooked them for 1:30 minutes (I made 2, one for me and one for the bf) and then took them out the pouches, sprinkled some mozzarella shreds on top and some chopped tomatoes and cooked them again for an additional 30 seconds. I sided with some of the above cheese ball and tomato salad shown above.


 But this... this is the culprit of my frustrations, stress, irritation and cravings. I found these 5 for $5 they have a few different mixes but this is one I like most at WalMart. I don't know why I got them, I guess mostly thinking that Jacob would eat them and because on the rare occasion I get something without thinking just on the fly but usually give it to Jacob with no issues. This has not been so easy. I've had about 2 whole bags of these in the past 2 weeks. Now 1/2 cup is a lot of food and 20g carbs is bad but not horrific. If I had stayed 20g or less in carbs throughout the whole day then had a 1/2 cup of these then I'd still technically be under my daily carb goal of 40g. But they are just all around bad and not nutritious at all. The carb foods like this, anything bread or cracker types of food really make me crave crave crave. I messed up tonight and had a bit, you can see how much is gone on that bottom right corner. A bit less than 1/2 cup but still. I hope Jacob will just eat the crap out of them and I can learn my lesson and get back on track all around. I did not do bad today at all, I got in quite a bit of protein and such but these little buggers just need to never appear again. I have made it a strict point to REALLY watch what I'm purchasing. We bought these at first with a few of the "dessert mix" ones for Jacob but I had gone back a 2nd time for more of these because I was craving them so bad. No no no, never again!:


The only other thing I "plan" on having today is my usual evening coffee. I use instant coffee since I don't have a single serving coffee maker and I like the taste of the instant coffees, and just a powder creamer since they are low carb and have no sugar. I sweeten with about half a packet of Stevia in the raw. Mmmmmm, I shall end this now so I can go enjoy a cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment